- 1清正公◆STCOlRglhU2016/10/19(Wed) 23:03:34ID:k5MTAxNjE(1/7)NG通報
Don't use the automatic translation function.
Let's talk about English in English.
- 2名無し2016/10/19(Wed) 23:16:52ID:cyMDg3NjU(1/1)NG通報
Do you Know Kimchi?
- 3名無し2016/10/19(Wed) 23:21:23ID:gwMjIwMzA(1/4)NG通報
no,i dont know.
we japanese only know kimuchi.
are you ok?
- 4清正公◆STCOlRglhU2016/10/19(Wed) 23:24:57ID:k5MTAxNjE(2/7)NG通報
When we express a language as a tool, we don't have to use "by" but "in".
[BAD] Write it by English.
[GOOD] Write it in English.
- 5清正公◆STCOlRglhU2016/10/19(Wed) 23:29:30ID:k5MTAxNjE(3/7)NG通報
"For" shows us the direction, and "to" shows us the destination.
I went to Osaka by a shinkansen for Tokyo.
- 6名無し2016/10/19(Wed) 23:39:01ID:g1Mzc2NTg(1/1)NG通報
ETERNITY ALSO LOVES KIMCHI ；)
- 7名無し2016/10/19(Wed) 23:42:26ID:IzNDQ2NjM(1/2)NG通報
- 8名無し2016/10/19(Wed) 23:49:40ID:gwMjIwMzA(2/4)NG通報
i cant talk to english speakeres at all.
i cant even understand what they are saying, because they speak so fast.
- 9名無し2016/10/19(Wed) 23:53:12ID:YyNjAyNjA(1/4)NG通報
I think that's because your education has been imported from ours. Our education also sucks in that it's totally useless for communication. However, I believe English education in Japan contributes to developing logical way of thinking in combine with mathematics in the way that English education helps students learn to acquire inductive method while mathematics does deductive or both.
- 10名無し2016/10/19(Wed) 23:58:58ID:IzNDQ2NjM(2/2)NG通報
- 11名無し2016/10/20(Thu) 00:06:35ID:Y3NTA4MDA(2/4)NG通報
The biggest banning factor to both of us to enhance our communicative English is our custom to feel ashamed when mistaken. When I first lived in the US, a close Japanese who had lived there for years once said "His English was hardly caught" when an American addressed us in patois. That much released me from the custom because he was so proud even though he didn't even understand what an American spoke! My advice, accordingly, is just "Don't be shy". That's it.
- 12名無し2016/10/20(Thu) 00:07:29ID:c2Nzc0MDA(3/4)NG通報
So in this thread ,we should talk about how to improve our english conversation skills.
Does anyone have any idea?
- 13名無し2016/10/20(Thu) 00:11:27ID:Y3NTA4MDA(3/4)NG通報
- 14名無し2016/10/20(Thu) 00:15:11ID:Y3NTA4MDA(4/4)NG通報
I just checked out how my written English would be translated into Japanese and found an automatic translation function is still far from perfection.
- 15名無し2016/10/20(Thu) 01:44:23ID:gwMDEwODA(1/1)NG通報
Ishoni sake nomimasho
- 16名無し2016/10/20(Thu) 04:51:34ID:gyNjU0MjA(1/1)NG通報
- 17みんぱ（韓国人）2016/10/20(Thu) 06:26:39ID:kxMzQxODA(1/2)NG通報
English education in Japan and Korea is often criticized as being focused on memorizing words and rules, which allegedly results in students having decent English grammar knowledge but unable to speak the language itself well—a false accusation. In my opinion, there is not a single better way that language education at such level could be performed.
- 18みんぱ（韓国人）2016/10/20(Thu) 06:31:37ID:kxMzQxODA(2/2)NG通報
- 19清正公◆STCOlRglhU2016/10/20(Thu) 07:08:56ID:A1MjMzODA(4/7)NG通報
Thank you. Our languages are grammatically similar, so we can help each other in order to improve our English skills. It is one of purposes of this thread.
There are a lot of native English speakers working in Japan and South Korea as English teachers. I don't think that they are useless, but they can't often understand the reasons why their students can't understand some kinds of English sentences because those teachers don't know the Japanese and Korean languages well. They often say, "English is easy!". For us, English is one of the most difficult languages. Probably, the French or German languages are easier than English because they are not so more muddled than English.
- 20名無し2016/10/20(Thu) 07:36:44ID:c1ODAxMDA(1/1)NG通報
lol I at first thought that you guys were pretending retarded since I forgot enabling google translation.
- 21清正公◆STCOlRglhU2016/10/20(Thu) 11:23:39ID:A1MjMzODA(5/7)NG通報
A reason why most Japanese people can't speak English is because they don't learn it so hard. For example, when we watch a movie, there are a lot of words that we don't know. Simply, we have to know more English words. Foreign people who can speak Japanese really learn the Japanese language very hard. It is true that nobody can get anything without efforts.
- 22지나가던 한국인2016/10/20(Thu) 11:28:52ID:I5Mjk1MDA(1/1)NG通報
Do you know PSY?
- 23名無し2016/10/20(Thu) 11:30:44ID:E2NDE3MjA(1/4)NG通報
- 24清正公◆STCOlRglhU2016/10/20(Thu) 12:54:36ID:A1MjMzODA(6/7)NG通報
Every country that locates in the temperate zone has four seasons basically. Your sentence is a typical example that native English speakers feel wrong. It is not grammatically so bad. However, your view looks very narrow-minded and illogical. I am not criticizing you. I know you don't have any bad intention because I am Japanese too. I point out that your sentence has a potential that it makes foreign people uncomfortable.
1.Japan is not the sole country that has four seasons.
2.Not every country has safe tap water.
These two reasons show us you as an arrogant and irrational man.
- 25清正公◆STCOlRglhU2016/10/20(Thu) 13:01:32ID:A1MjMzODA(7/7)NG通報
「日本には四季があって云々」と悪気なく言っても、「俺たちの国にあるのはあれは何だ？ あれは四季じゃないっていうのかい？」とケンカを売っているとみられます。これは日本人が、相手にどう伝わるか、その可能性を考えずに無邪気にしゃべっている、非常に insular な傾向の典型です。
- 26名無し2016/10/20(Thu) 14:08:39ID:E2NDE3MjA(2/4)NG通報
- 27日本語を勉強しています2016/10/20(Thu) 14:12:21ID:EwMTY1MDA(1/1)NG通報
top kek it seems like you speak in broken english as well
- 28名無し2016/10/20(Thu) 14:51:03ID:c2Nzc0MDA(4/4)NG通報
You must be korean pretend to be japanese.
- 29名無し2016/10/20(Thu) 14:55:08ID:E4MDkzNDA(1/5)NG通報
쫎빲릾 낪값 뒶졊랎 이것이 한글의 위대함.
- 30名無し2016/10/20(Thu) 14:57:49ID:E4MDkzNDA(2/5)NG通報
읽볺 방샤눙 우원수웅이들아 됵도는 햔큑땅이다 꺚치지마라 진쨔 쥭는다
- 31名無し2016/10/20(Thu) 14:58:50ID:E4MDkzNDA(3/5)NG通報
아먀 햬셕하고섶어서 환쟝할꼬다. 이겻이 햔굴의 위댸함이다.
- 32名無し2016/10/20(Thu) 15:00:20ID:E4MDkzNDA(4/5)NG通報
규셕기시댸에 션진뮨물을 젼달해준 햔국. 미걔한 원슝이들은 햔국 횽님들에계 걈사해야한댜.
- 33名無し2016/10/20(Thu) 15:03:23ID:E4MDkzNDA(5/5)NG通報
댸햔민큑 먄셰 똑도는 우릐땽. 댸먀됴도 우리땽. 일뵨도 우릐땅
- 34名無し2016/10/20(Thu) 15:05:17ID:E2NDE3MjA(3/4)NG通報
Ching Chang Nip Nong Long Xiau
- 35名無し2016/10/20(Thu) 15:57:34ID:Q0ODIxMjA(1/1)NG通報
- 36kimchi2016/10/20(Thu) 16:11:24ID:Q5NzIxMDA(1/1)NG通報
I spent more than half of my life in America as Korean. Most Koreans wouldn't identify me as "real" Korean. But anyway.. There is a great disadvantage for people from countries like Japan and Korea for being situated on the farthest possible distance from where English is spoken. Geological distance would translate directly to linguistic distance. People that are born in the same language family, like those from Sweden and Germany would easily master English within couple of years upon arrival in America. Likewise, it seems some of my Korean friends studying abroad in Japan speak Japanese fluent enough to follow lectures in Japanese within 2 years. There should be no shame that both countries English test performance is among the lowest.
- 37名無し2016/10/20(Thu) 16:36:35ID:E2NDE3MjA(4/4)NG通報
- 38Now now see2016/10/20(Thu) 16:53:53ID:M5ODc0NDA(1/1)NG通報
- 39名無し2016/10/20(Thu) 19:01:17ID:cyMjc0MjA(1/1)NG通報
I don't know KIMCHI.
- 40hello!◆Md4J/9.3Yo2016/10/20(Thu) 19:58:57ID:g5OTUxMDA(1/1)NG通報
megumin is angel
- 41名無し2016/10/20(Thu) 20:33:33ID:U4ODkyMDA(1/1)NG通報
We know that The TOEIC score is not meaning use English ability. In paradoxically, If someone say "We are more higher TOEIC score than You. It's meaning We have supremacy English using ability than You!!". We thought He don't know English deeply.
But, Maybe It's Korean national characteristics, I heard that words from Korean sometimes :)
- 42名無し2016/10/20(Thu) 22:03:12ID:kwNjIzNjA(1/1)NG通報
Which do you like ぶっかけ or bukkake?
- 43名無し2016/10/21(Fri) 00:43:10ID:k2NzcxNjI(1/1)NG通報
Good one as a 2nd post wwwwww
- 44清正公◆STCOlRglhU2016/10/21(Fri) 01:16:51ID:M4NTcyNTg(1/2)NG通報
However, there are a lot of Japanese people who often say that actually.
- 45清正公◆STCOlRglhU2016/10/21(Fri) 01:30:18ID:M4NTcyNTg(2/2)NG通報
The Finnish domestic market is very small. They don't make TV dramas by the Finnish language because it is difficult to recoup the costs of making dramas. American dramas are being aired on the Finnish TV.
English thread 英語で英語・英語学習について語り合うスレッド